Wednesday 3 November 2021

Routes - Day 1 Parts 2 & 3 - Bikers Ranch to Fachbach

Here we are again!  More changes.  This time not anything to do with a hotel change. I am happy with the Hotel Stadt Coblenz in Fachbach. This route supersedes one from last month!

What I have changed is some of the rides between the start at the Bikes Ranch and Fachbach via Bad Münstereifel. 

Once I got my hands on the Michelin 718 map of Germany and remembered that Michelin highlight scenic roads with a green stripe, AND, that MyRouteApp also gives Michelin as a mapping option, I have been busy looking both on paper and online at "green roads".

On top of that I have been adding some potential fuel stops along all the routes!

So far Part 2 looks like a pretty straightforward with a many "green roads" as I could fit in.  I have a fuel stop after about 175 miles from Calais planned and that is still Part 1 and in Belgium.  I shouldn't need any more fuel until I am almost at the hotel in Fachbach. So to make sure I am ready to ride off after breakfast I added a fuel stop near the hotel. An estimated 140 miles between stops!

Michelin background!

From Bad Münstereifel the default route to Fachbach took in a lot of "green roads" but there were so many more I could exploit.  Again using Michelin I have added a loop to take in the Mosel/Moselle mostly all of it on "green roads".

It adds another 40 to 45 minutes onto the day's riding but I expect to be away from the Calais around 10am and with lunch and fuel stops this puts a potential arrival at the hotel at around 6pm. Not too bad for a more leisurely ride to avoid plugging along boring motorways. There will be plenty of that during the trip as it is!

Bit of a loop to take in the Mosel/Moselle scenic route

I can't guarantee that there won't be any more changes! But this looks like a nice ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...