Wednesday 3 November 2021

Routes - Day 5 Rally to Brno

Currently, Day 5 is the Sunday that the Rally ends and everyone sets off for home. I had planned to go back across the Czech Republic and head for Schloss Colditz.

But I got to thinking.

I will have ridden 800 plus miles across Europe to the rally, so it seems odd that I miss out going to see my friends in Brno. Doesn't it?

I am sure I can add a day to the trip and from Vernířovice go south and visit them near Brno. After all. At my age, 66,  I have no idea when I will get to go there again. Probably not by motorcycle. 

I guess Jiří might be able to get to the UK again for a trip but maybe (Claire and) I will be too old to go there?

So I am changing the end of the trip and making Popůvky to visit Lilka and family, and Jiří and family in Ostrovačice my goal for Day 5! 

It does say across the top of the Blog that this is MY trip. 

This means cancelling the bookings at Colditz by email and the Hagen date on booking.com.  The latter sorted quickly and efficiently. The other waiting for a reply.

I suppose I should let them know at some stage that I am going to drop on their doorsteps! Maybe in their Christmas cards? 

The route is pretty straightforward and only around 105 miles via Olomouc.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...