Friday 22 October 2021

Routes - Day 2 - Bad Ems to Plzeň - Tinkering!

Tinkering yet again.  Maybe I have too much time on my hands.  

Now that I have moved the end of Day 1 hotel to Hotel Stadt Coblenz I have started too look at Day 2.

My first routes have two parts based on a stop in Würzburg hat would have been about lunchtime. But to get off the motorways a little a enjoy some "green roads", I picked up a Michelin National map of Germany. It's the 2021 edition so should be pretty much up to date.  It's map number 718 if anyone wants to buy one. Well worth the £5.50 it cost.

I saw on the Michelin maps that they show scenic routes e.g. scenic roads marked with a green strip alongside! 

I had forgotten all about that since I became a digital map user and stuck to Google! With a paper map there is so much extra to see but you can't zoom in!  

What I also hadn't noticed is that MyRouteApp also has the option of Michelin as well as Google and other mapping systems!

With the two I have made a change to Day 2.  Removed Würzburg, and replaced that stop over with a couple of scenic rides. Slower than the A3 autobahn but better for me!

The first will take me back from Fachbach/Bad Ems to the Rhine south of Koblenz and then down the eastern bank almost as far as Wiesbaden, then onto the A3 and the A6 to the border and Plzeň.

The first part will be very scenic and I have done it before, but in the opposite direction, going south to north. I have once again added another stop near the Käthe Wohlfahrt shop in Rothenburg ob der Tauber for a gift or trinket for Mrs D.

The days mileage is about 360 with a lot of it on the motorways and about 6 hours on the road before we factor in stops for fuel and food!


Should be in Rothenburg ob der Tauber in time to get some lunch and then it is all motorway to Plzeň and the hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...