Wednesday 13 October 2021

Rozhledna Doubravka XIV?

I am always looking for places to "stop off" on the way when I am going anywhere.  And I saw this on the "Visit Czech Republic" website - Rozhledna Doubravka XIV.

Rozhledna Doubravka XIV

"This three-legged lookout tower was built in 2018 by Professor Ing. Martin Rajniš and his colleagues from Hut Architecture. The structure is made of acacia wood and has 98 steps ascending to the top.

👀 Prague and its surrounding area, stretching far into the distance, can be viewed from the summit. It's a wonderful place to come to, if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in nature." - Quoted from Visit Czech Republic web and FB page.

On Google maps it doesn't look too far off the route I have chosen (or rather MyRouteApp has chosen!)  from my hotel stop in Plzeň. Although the area nearby doesn't look all that marvellous when it comes to leaving a motorcycle and luggage unattended!  It does look to be only about 200 yards from a main road and a petrol station.

On this leg of the trip I have already built in a stop with my former student and now friend Rosta in Hradec Králové and even a little detour into Poland and Boboszów to "bag" Poland on the trip!

As the time approaches I'll look for other titbits to check out on the route across Germany and the Czech Republic and of course, on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...