Friday 15 October 2021

Routes - Day 5 Part 1 - Vernířovice to Schloss Colditz (B)

As I have been on the tour at Colditz before I am not in any hurry to get from the rally in Vernířovice to the castle, so since the original post for Day 5 was posted, I am looking at alternative places to stop enroute.

Firstly I saw a post on the "Visit Czech Republic"  Facebook page for some troglodyte houses to the north of Prague. These are in a small town of Lhotka near Mělník - https://www.muzeum-melnik.cz/rock-dwelling-lhotka-near-melnik/

I had a look on Google maps and then on My RouteApp to see where it is situated and whether it would form a reasonable stop on the way to Colditz. In Czech the site can be found as Skalní Byty Kokořínsko.



I added it to the Day 5 route in MyRouteApp.  It has extended the day a little but as the route planner doesn't account for stopped time (although I can add that later!) it looks like the day's riding will be around six hours and 282 miles.

From there is it plain sailing up the E55 to the German border and towards Dresden.  There are bound to be a few photo opportunities on the way!

Such as the lookout tower at Kostelní Hlavno, just a few metres off the route for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...