Tuesday 14 September 2021

Routes - Day 2 Part 2 - Würzburg to Plzeň

A change of the second night hotel means this is all change. I had previously booked into a hotel in Königstein in der Oberpfalz but after considering the journey the next day to Vernířovice I decided to make Day 2 a little longer and cross into Czech.

The obvious route would be to stay on the motorway from Würzburg and kill off as many miles as possible.  After a search around booking.com I decided on the Hotel Plzeň in Plzeň. It looks very clean and very modern in the 145 photos on the booking.com page and from their own website.

I have only booked a single room and it works out at about £30 including breakfast. I have asked them about parking the bike.  Even if I have to pay €6 for secure parking that will be okay. 

I  can't remember stopping in 
Plzeň before for more than a few minutes.  I think once we stopped for petrol and then for lunch along the main road.  Long before the dalnice was built from the border towards Prague the ordinary silnice went right through the city centre. So this time it will be a first.

They have sent some voucher to use on entry.  It looks as though they expect visitors to use an electronic entry system and times mentioned are 2200-0600. I'll be emailing to check that there is a human on site in daylight hours!

So the current route, V4.1 looks like this:


There should be opportunities to stop off on the way somewhere scenic. 

Although not visible in the Würzburg end of the map above, I also added a stop at the Würzburg branch of Louis motorcycle shop.  

Nearby is another bike shop called Polo. On the map there are two waypoints superimposed. I think this company rose from the ashes of Hein Gericke, but maybe just coincidence. 

The local bikers are well serviced as it looks as both are J&S style shops.

The day's mileage is about 350, but a lot of it is on motorway between "sights".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...