Tuesday 25 January 2022

Travel Insurance

I have been checking around for travel insurance that covers use of the motorcycle over 125cc.  There are quite a few of them and are claiming to be cheap.

They aren't.

Pre-covid I was quoted £40 for a week's trip to Spain in April 2020. That included pre-existing condition of having an arterial stent (just the one) in my heart in April 2015. I have not suffered any further problems.

Today's quotes are starting at £72. Same old questions.  Okay I am two years older than I was in 2020 but the mark-up is quite pronounced.  At least this one covers me to ride that bike over 125cc on-road.

If I change the quote to annual multi-cover Europe only it's a mere £570 for me. Given the number of weeks I'll get away, if I am lucky, paying by the week seems best.

If you want a quote then try Orange & Black's website.

In the past I have used MAG's Travel Insurance. It's about the same price for short term as O&B but their annual cover is cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...