Tuesday 18 January 2022

The Way Back via Brno - Days 5-7

As the trip date gets nearer I am refining routes.  This part of the trip depends on being able to stay in the Brno area of course.  I don't want to be a burden and it will be a working day for my friends and I'll need a bed for the Sunday night. Sunday is Day 5 of my trip.

To fit in a visit to the Sinsheim Technical Museum (on Day 7) I have changed to hotel for the end of Day 6. I have moved it further west to Ellwangen. This will give me a longer day on Monday, but cut the mileage the next day by a lot so that I can have some time at the museum.

So I have chosen the Gasthof Kronprinzen in Ellwangen. Looks good and of course is booked using the same free cancellation and no pre-payment system as all the others. If covid interferes again for a third year, then cancelling is okay.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/de/gasthof-kronprinzen.en-gb.html

I have dropped the ride across on (silnice) S23 from Brno in favour of a quick blat up the dalnice to Jihlava and then across country to the south of Prague on what looks to be one frog and toad, the S19! I will still be taking in the Žďákov Bridge. After 2016, and the massive detour on our way back from the MotoGP,  when it was closed,  I need to go across it!!

This route mixture of some ordinary roads and motorways. MyRouteApp calculates it to be around 350 miles for the day and 6 hours in the saddle.

After the Technical Museum I planned to head up the autobahn to stop somewhere around Trier and back on the Mosel/Moselle but hotels were more expensive and so I decided on Luxembourg where it is cheaper. Although one never knows does one?  😉

Day 5 to 7 Route

If the visit to Brno doesn't actually go ahead I will need to plan an alternative route and maybe this will all change.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...