Friday 11 February 2022

Channel Crossing?

I had toyed with Dover to Dunkerque on the way out and maybe the Shuttle on the way back. 

Then I checked the bookings on each of the Shuttle and DFDS sites:

Eurotunnel

DFDS

After having used the Shuttle on numerous occasions over the last 20 years I can't say that they have been much quicker than the ferry! 

Hardly ever has there been a delay-free departure at either end. 

Motorcyclists are still treated as second class citizens and are loaded last on the back of the train? Why? My 2018 V-Strom is far less likely to spontaneously combust than some of the ancient and badly loaded cars that can barely wheeze over the step to board the train....

On the ferry, bikes generally load first.

The other advantages are that there are seats, radical I know. Seats that even motorcyclists can use unlike the Shuttle where the worn and filthy decks vie with the vents and handrails along the side of the train.

I think I will be taking the DFDS option (or maybe P&O!) as I want to go to Dunkerque rather than Calais.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Retired!

This blog was created to share information for anyone that wanted to come with me to the Czech Centre SOC Rally in Vernirovice in May 2022. ...